I was recently asked to review a touching movie based on Beverly Lewis' book . The movie, , released on DVD yesterday, September 13th.
The movie is mostly set in an Amish community and tells of the life a young girl who was adopted at birth, but did not find out until she is about to get married. Having three children who are all adopted I was especially moved by the movie. I am always a little leery of movies about adoption and how they portray the birthmother as well as the adoptive parents. For young children, such as mine, the movie would be too far over their heads. And it would raise many questions that a child, younger than about 16, would not be ready for. For older kids, as well as adults it was very well done. The author portrayed both sides of the story with love and compassion. I don't want to ruin the movie so I will leave the details out, but it was a very touching story and well worth my 88 minutes of viewing time.
You can find out more about the movie at the website
Or you can check it out on Facebook
Or you can take a look at the trailer
The marketing team for has been very generous and is also giving away a DVD to one of my lucky readers! The contest is open to readers within the United States. There are a few ways to enter the giveaway:
1. If you are not already a follower follow my blog via GFC and let me know in a comment. If you are already a follower just let me know in a comment.
2. Visit website and come back here and comment letting me know why you think you would enjoy the movie
3. Blog about this contest and link it to this post then come let me know you did so in the comment section.
4. Link this post to your Facebook and come let me know you did so in the comment section.
5. "Like" the movie on Facebook and come back here letting me know you did so.
So, you can get up to five entries in to the contest. The contest will end next Wednesday evening, September 21st at midnight. Please leave contact information for me to contact you if you win.
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad