Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Fearlessly Feminine Challenge Day 4

Today is a stay at the house day. No appointments and no errands. Nowhere to go until church this evening. I love these kinds of days, especially with the soggy weather.

Anyway, instead of a pic of me I thought I would share a couple pictures of what a closet of a skirt/dress wearing lady looks like.




Here are my skirts--way too many. And way too many that don't fit. Probably looks a lot like the pants/jeans section of most people's closet



Along another wall are all my dresses and longer skirts. Again, way too many that do not fit.



Anyway, with all those skirts and dresses I still end up in the same thing mostly my "wearable" wardrobe consist of denim and khaki, because they go with more things.



I want to branch out and wear more of my more feminine dresses on a more regular basis, but at this stage in motherhood what is quick and easy works for me!

So, if you are thinking about, or feeling convicted about, wearing dresses and skirts exclusively, or at least more often, I would suggest khaki and denim to start with. Of course, this is geared more for stay-at-home Moms. If you are a professional/career woman then obviously khaki and denim aren't as doable.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Haha, My closet looks just about like that:) I absolutely LOVE skirts, especially khaki and denim ones:)

In Christ,
Rebecca

Swinging On Small Hinges said...

I agree! I have a LOT of different types and styles of denim skirts. They just match with everything. I had to change my skirt once already today because my toddler used mine to wipe her face. Last year, when I did the challenge and kept at if for a couple months I had to invest in an old fashioned apron. If only I had been wearing it this afternoon. lol.