Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Gratituesday

I ran across this great meme while checking out some other homeschool blogs. I am excited to try this one! There are so many things to be thankful for and what a great way to share them!


For my first week I want to say I am so thankful for my wonderful husband. He is the man of my dreams and I love him more today than I did the day we got married--15 years ago. He is a hardworking, affectionate, romantic (in his own way), handsome, Godly, all around great man! He is the best Dad around, and loves our kids more than life. He loves God and has a relationship with Him. There are so many wonderful things to say about this man, I can't possibly name them all.

A little about our story. We met when I was barely 17 and a junior in high school. He was almost 20, working part-time and going to college. We worked together at a grocery store and our first "date" was to a haunted house next door to where we worked. At first we were "just friends" but that quickly evolved in to something more. We spent as much time as we possibly could together. We dated for the next three years knowing that we would one day marry. He proposed in front of his entire family (aunts, uncles, cousins--everyone). We were married 6 months after that, and it has just gotten better since then! We have since built a house, as well as a family and a home.

We still love being together and still spend as much time as possible together. It seems that so many couples do their own thing and don't take time to focus on each other. It's so hard when you have three children to focus on to take time for your spouse, but it is so important.

Steve is the man of my dreams, he is everything my heart desires. It is so wonderful to actually be in love with my husband -- 15 years later. I can't wait to see what the next 15 years holds for us!

Join us for Gratituesday at Heavenly Homemakers!


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments: