I really enjoyed having some weekly goals last week and I did "ok" on keeping them. I did get our Master Bedroom organized which feels great. I went a little over on grocery budget but not too bad considering the new foods I have to purchase for Zachary. Steve and I decided on where to go for our anniversary trip but I didn't get anything booked yet. Zach ate the right foods all week and I let him have a special treat on Friday since he is handling it so well we allowed him to have a burger for lunch on Friday. It's really tough for a 5 year old to not be allowed to have a long list of foods that he really likes; we are doing the best we can.
Steve is taking a class for work about keeping goals "SIM"ple. Goals should be "simple", "important" and "measurable". So here are my "SIM"ple goals for the week...
1. Organize Linen Closet--this is my next room on my overall goal of getting the entire house organized one room at a time. This one should be fairly simple. The closet contains towels and sheets as well as many of our family games at the top. We are in desperate need of new towels and Steve said I could go get some this week so that will help with the organizing when I can jut get rid of many of the towels. I am wanting to "color code" our lives a little bit so each of us is getting a certain color and those towels will be that persons. Paul--blue, Zach--green, Molly--purple, and then I haven't decided on what color towels Steve and I will have.
2. Walk 3x this week--I need to exercise and the best I can do right now is walking while the boys have baseball practice so I am hopeful to be able to do that 3 times this week. It's not alot but atleast it's something
3. Write a Letter or Send a card--I love email and texting but it can make life so impersonal sometimes, so in an effort to change that I have a goal of sending a HAND written letter or card to someone this week. Paul wrote a letter to his cousin Jake last week and I was thinking how special that will be to Jake and it made me realize what a lost art cards and letters are.
4. Stay off the Computer--until the kids are in the bed. This one is really tough for me. I love my laptop and it's home as alway been on my kitchen counter so I can look something up whenever I need/want to. However, it is such a time killer. I find myself spending way too much time "researching" stuff online when I should be loving every moment of the time I have with my kiddos while they are young. So, I have moved my laptop to our bedroom so it is not as easily accessible and my goal is only to get on when the kids are in the bed.
5. Read Mark 1- Luke 4-I just finished Matthew and started Mark this morning. I am trying to read 20 chapters/week so I should be through Luke 4 by the end of this week. I love having my morning devotion with God and spending time in His word and in prayer. It makes my days go so much more smoothly! I am still looking for a great devotional book for homeschooling Moms but can't quite find what I am looking for so I am just reading my Bible daily and finding so much comfort in His word!
So, there are my goals for the week. Don't forget to head over to Mama Manuscripts to see everyone else's goals and link up with your own goals for the week!