Monday, February 14, 2011

Weekly Goal Planning--Week 1

I am trying to get more organized and set goals for myself and my kids each week. I ran across a meme that is designed to help with that. So, I am going to give it a shot. I really feel like if I write my goals down I am more accountable. So my goals for this week (February 14-20, 2011).

LIVE FOR OTHERS MORE-- "Others, Lord, yes others, let this my motto be, help me to live for others so that I might live for thee." This is an ongoing goal for me. I try to teach my children to do things for others but I often find myself wrapped up in my own family life and the things that revolve around our little family of five. In order to teach my children to live selfless and giving lives I must do the same. I have a friend who lives so unselfishly it is amazing. She is constantly doing things for others--bringing people meals, watching other children, making special cards and all kinds of things. And, she has the sweetest kids you will ever meet. I know her kids are this way because of the way she lives her life. And, I know that this is how God would have us be. So, goal #1 this week, and every week is to live for others more!

ORGANIZE THE MASTER BEDROOM-- Last week I wrote out a schedule for organizing the house, room by room. My goal is one area each week. I don't want the goal to be overwhelming, just a little something towards organizing and living a simpler, more minimal life. Last week, my goal was my closet. I was able to get the closet and the master bathroom more organized--I was so pleased that I got more done than I had scheduled! This week is the Master bedroom. I did put several things in there that came out of the closet and bathroom so I guess it is a continuation of last weeks goals! I am also hoping to find a good deal on a small desk to put in there.

NO YELLING-- My three kiddos are all very loud. This is actually more of a goal for the kiddos but I wanted to add it in here. My kids tend to go straight to yelling when there is a problem. Steve and I don't argue and yell at each other so I am not sure where this comes from. I do occasionally yell at the kids but not very often. So, again, not sure where their yelling comes from. Our character traits we are learning in our devotions are gentleness and kindness so with that comes no yelling at our siblings. So, for this week (to start with) no yelling or screaming of any kind is allowed in this house!

STAY ON BUDGET FOR GROCERIES-- Steve does most of the finances in our home. We discuss the budget for each area and then we try to stay in it. Groceries is the one item I often go over on. This is the last week of the pay period so this is when I have to really watch it. And, Zachary has new dietary restrictions so I have to try a few new foods which can make it more difficult to stay on budget.

HAVE ZACHARY EAT ALL THE RIGHT FOODS-- As I mentioned above Zachary has some new dietary restrictions. They include the following: wheat/gluten, oranges, corn, peanuts, mushrooms, shellfish, beef, walnuts, and cheese. We are pretty used to the wheat/gluten thing and he doesn't typically complain about that. We have found lots of gluten free foods that he really likes. However, some of those foods are now banned. He loves peanut butter covered bananas and eats this almost daily. Well, now he can't have peanuts, so no peanut butter. We have tried honey soy-nut butter, but he didn't like that, so today I will buy another "butter" to try and find something he likes, I think we are going to try almond butter. Beef is another tough one. I plan on buying some ground turkey and just using that instead. The biggest thing is what does he eat when we go out--he would always just get a burger without the bread. Cheese is also difficult. Cheese was a great snack with protein, but no longer. So, another goal for this week is to keep him off of these foods. If we do really well with all these restrictions and the supplements he is on then this will only last for a couple of months.

PLAN ANNIVERSARY TRIP-- In April Steve and I will have been married 15 years!! We are wanting to take a small trip (without the kids) to celebrate. We can't decide where we want to go. So, that is another goal for this week--make a decision and book somewhere to stay!

So, there are my goals for this week (and beyond really). You can head over to Mama Manuscripts and see more goals and link up if you would like to be a part of this meme. Also, don't forget to leave a comment here - I love to see that someone is actually reading my blog!

4 comments:

Mama Manuscripts said...

Hi there, those sound like wonderful goals! I look forward to seeing how you week goes.

You accidentally signed my linky with an older post (Wordless Wednesday) so I'm going to change it over for you.

I hope to see you again next week.

BTW, I'm following you now, too!

Debbie Phillips said...

Wow. You are industrious. I hope you do really well on your goals this coming week. Glad you decided to join the meme. Hope it gives you the boost you need to accomplish much.

Anonymous said...

Welcome to GPM. This is my second week and I saw some progress last week.

Have fun with your goal achievement this week especially with your anniversary trip. Congrats on the 15 years. :-)

Unknown said...

I hope your week went well. TVP might be something Zachary might be able to eat. It is textured vegetable protein, made from soy. Here is a website where you can learn more. http://vegetarian.about.com/od/glossary/g/TVP.htm I hope this helps.

I am from the TOS Crew and am now following you. Please follow me and if you already are thank you! Have a wonderful week. :)
www.indoorgardenmusings.blogspot.com