Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Scarf Making Mania

So, I think I am addicted to Pinterest and I also think I am becoming addicted to making scarves! I am not usually one to wear scarves, but these t-shirt scarves are SO easy to make that I might just have to start wearing them. You can see my first t-shirt scarf here.

Now, I have found an even easier version of the t-shirt scarf. I forgot to take pictures all the way through, but here's a quick tutorial:

Find an old t-shirt that you don't wear anymore. Cut the hem off the bottom and then cut several strips (cut through both layers of the shirt) about 1 1/2 inches wide. In the picture here you can see the shirt with the strips already gone. I got seven strips from this shirt before I got to the design that is on the front (saved the design for another project).


Now stretch the strips/circles as much as you can. They will curl up around the edge. Then you will have circles that look like this:


Put them all together and you have this


You can wear it like this:


Or like this:


Super easy and fun! It would make a great gift for your tween/teen girls to make for their friends!

Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments: