Monday, June 6, 2011

Goal Planning Monday



I haven't posted in a couple of weeks because we were on vacation. We enjoyed two weeks at the beach with Steve's family. It was very relaxing and a great way to celebrate our niece's high school graduation as well as my father-in-law's upcoming retirement.

So, now it is time to get in the groove of summer fun as well as summer projects and re-organizing for the next school year.

My goals for this week:

1. Get house clean - my goal is to do this today. It's not that bad we just need to finish unpacking and then I need to clean the floors and do some regular cleaning. I was able to stay caught up on laundry and came home with no dirty clothes from our trip so laundry is not a huge issue right now.

2. List the rest of my curricula I need to sale. Again, I hope to do this today so I can get it out of the dining room Woohooo! Completed Already! Thanks to the kids for really sleeping in this morning--vacation wore them out! Check it out here!

3. Enjoy a day of swimming with the kids as well as a day at Six Flags. We got passes to Six Flags this year for the first time since Paul was little so I want to make sure and get our money's worth out of them.

4. Finish Zach's Kindergarten curriculum and have a small graduation celebration for him on Saturday. My plan was to do this before we left for the beach but I decided it just wasn't going to fit in so we are going to finish up his phonics curriculum this week and celebrate on Saturday. I can't believe he's going to be in 1st grade! 6 months ago I would have never dreamed he would be ready for 1st grade next school year but he has grown leaps and bounds academically and is very ready for his 1st grade year. I am so pleased with all the hard work he has done and the enthusiasm he has shown for learning new things over the last few months. It has been amazing to watch him grow in so many areas!

5. Make a top 5 or 10 list of the curriculum we reviewed for the crew last year.

6. Figure out why I can't get the button for this meme to work

I guess that's it for the week so it should be a pretty relaxing week!

Thanks to Katrina from Mama Manuscripts for doing this meme.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad





1 comment:

Susan@FruitfulWords said...

Ohhhh, what a lovely vacation - 2 weeks at the beach. I know that the sand can get to be an irritant, but it is one I am willing to put up with. So glad you had a relaxing, celebratory time.

It does feel so good when we see our goals met. Congrats to Zach for his (and your) hard work this past year. Sure shows that slow and steady really does make a difference in terms of goal accomplishment.

Have fun having fun (swimming and Six Flags) this week. You'll be making some great memories as you do.