Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Bow Making 101


I have always wanted to know how to make bows for Molly but I don't have a crafty bone in my body so all my attempts have failed...until today. A friend came over with all of her ribbon and spent a couple of hours showing me how to make bows! I was so excited to finish my first bow... (Sorry the picture is sideways..it's too late to try and figure out how to flip it)After my first three layer bow I figured I would do a few easier bows...

A pink bow because anyone that knows me knows that Molly has LOTS of pink!

And then a couple of soccer bows because Molly does not always realize she is a girl and is so excited to be playing soccer like her brothers this season! So much for my girlie girl, but atleast she keeps her bows in her hair and doesn't fuss too much about the dresses...as long as she can run and play with her brothers! Anyway, here are my soccer bows. One for a pony tail and then two semi-matching ones for pigtails. One is a little bigger than the other but you won't be able to tell when they are on opposite sides of her head :-)


So, that was my bow-making for the day. I am so excited and can't wait to go get more ribbon to make more bows! I am trying to convince Steve that this endeavor is saving him money in the long run, because bows are not cheap to buy!


No comments: