An update from last week: I really enjoyed playing several board games with the kids. Our new favorite game (which isn't a "board game") but still a game is "Toy Story Kerplunk!" All three kids can play it with the same chances of winning. We all laughed and played for several rounds. The dress pattern still sits on the top of my sewing basket begging to be cut out, Easter outfits still need to be purchased and my kitchen cabinets still need to be cleaned out. I did enjoy a nice chat with an old friend and really enjoyed that. I also immensely enjoyed spending some extra time with my kiddos. All too often we, as homeschool Moms get caught up in lesson plans and housecleaning that we forget to find time to spend with our kids. I hate it when I do that. So, my goals did not go so well last week, but that's ok.
This week is "Spring Break" for the Christian School that most of my kids' friends go to, so we take the week off as well. We enjoyed a great day with family today at an Animal Safari not to far from our home. For the remainder of the week we have plans of heading to Six Flags, Lake Winnie, and just hanging out at home with friends over to enjoy this beautiful Spring weather. So, my goals for this week are:
1. Enjoy my time with the kids! As I already said it's hard to find time to spend with the kiddos sometimes, and I want to make sure and do that this week!
2. Plant some flowers. I love flowers, but I kill them. Last year I didn't plant any. We didn't really have the money and I never did find the time. But this year I am determined to keep some flowers alive as well as start a small garden. This week if I can just get the two containers on the front porch filled with flowers I will be happy!
3. Plan out the last few weeks of school. I sat down a few weeks ago and wrote out all our lessons for the last 8 weeks of school. Then, my Mom was in the hospital for a week and our whole schedule was thrown off. The week after that was spent simply catching up around here, so now I need a new plan to finish off the school year.
4. Cut out that pattern. This is a carry over from last week. Maybe it will get done this week.
5. Get those Easter outfits purchased. (Another carry over)
Head on over to Mama Manuscripts and take a look at every one elses goals and perhaps link up with your own goals!